Friday, January 22, 2010

mom and dad, circa 1985

I love looking back at old family photos. My dad has been a camera addict since forever and is definitely the reason behind my immense love of photography. He got me started at a young age, letting me fool around with his expensive cameras and sharing my excitement when waiting to get my negatives developed. Of course I'm biased, but I think my dad has taken some wonderful photographs over the years, particularly of my mom - who is super petite and takes very little space in the frame as you can see, haha.

My parents spent their honeymoon on Jeju island; if you're Korean, you've had to have heard about this place. It's still a popular vacay spot today. Most of these are by my dad; the ones that look like paparazzi shots with both my parents in them are done by photographers who stalk people on their honeymoon (for a living!) and snap photos of them to try to sell to them later (such a strange concept).

Oh the fashion of the 80s.. loving the pens on lanyards look... and the fanny packs! (for all my dad's camera equipment, apparently.) And check out those hipster glasses on dad, my mom rocking those Raybans (in those black and whites, quite hip, no?), the shants/white sock combo, and all that corduroy! Haha....


4 comments:

THE CAT'S MIU said...

oh my god hanah, these are amazing! or mr. chung, rather! my dad is like the same.. he was such a photographer-nerd and took pics similar to the one of your parents taken through the log! and yup, gotta love jeju as the number 1 honeymoon spot! ahah

thanks for sharing!!

b said...

wow these are beautiful!

THE DIVINITUS said...

great pictures! your dad took them all?
i love to look at old photographs because it brings me some kind of nostalgic spleen.

ophelia's funeral said...

Thanks all, will be sure to pass along the message to my dad. Divinitus - yes he took them all except for the ones he's in!